For years story has been told through the medium of written word. Whether it was novels or plays or reference texts, religious guides or personal letters and correspondence, and whatever the language, we have shared experiences with text.
However, after hundred of years, the reign of text is nearing its end. From the launch of MTV in 1981, we began to move away from text and towards moving image, and this shift was further cemented with the birth of YouTube in 2005. As social media networks emerged we began not only watching increasing amounts of video but expressing ourselves through self-produced video.
Today, research and statistics tell us that video has become our preferred way of communicating online, and this shift is incredibly important for business’. In fact, by 2021, Cisco reports that more than 80% of ALL internet traffic will be video!
In short, the new language of the internet is video, and you’re not using it to tell your company’s story, then you’re simply not being heard as you’re not part of the conversation.
Over 70% of marketers claim that video produces more conversions than any other content.
The average consumer watches roughly 206 videos a month.
59% of senior executives said that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
Still not convinced to update your About Us page with video? Hesitant to use video to explain your product or process? Unsure about whether Facebook Video Ads would really get better results? Here are 8 solid arguments for why video is ESSENTIAL for ALL business’.
1. Video is immersive: it activates and engages more of our senses.
2. Video is memorable: it tells story with a narrative and this makes us retain more info.
3. Video is trustworthy: we believe what we see, and this increases how credible and authentic we believe a message to be.
4. Video is fast: obtain the same amount of information of 5 minutes of reading in 1 minute of video.
5. Video is emotive: and it’s our emotions that most affect our behavior, including decisions to buy.
6. Video is attention grabbing: we are genetically attracted to movement and sound.
7. Video is easy: we want to have information delivered to us in a simple and digestible manner.
8. Video is the norm: we are accustomed to watching video so we naturally gravitate to it when it’s an option.
If you’re considering video (and your should be!) then give us a call or drop us an email to chat about how we can offer the most benefit to your business. We love to help companies grow and don’t worry - no hard sales pitch (that’s just not how we work). email@example.com \\ www.frontrunnerfilmsllc.com